SUPERBOWL SECRET WEAPONS
Those that know me, know I tinker in the kitchen.
WARNING: I take no responsibility if you pay more attention to the food than the game.
Chicken Parm Bites
- 2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 c. marinara
- 1/4 lb. mozzarella, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare breading station with 3 large bowls: In one bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, and Parmesan; in another bowl egg; and in the last bowl flour.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat each piece of chicken in flour and shake off excess, then dip into egg, and lastly, coat in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat steps for remaining chicken and set aside on a plate.
- In a deep cast-iron skillet, warm 1" oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish in a single layer. Add a small spoonful of marinara over chicken and top with a cube of mozzarella.
- Bake until chicken is warmed through and cheese is melty, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Go balls to the wall for these buff chick meatballs.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/3 c. crumbled blue cheese
- kosher salt
- 1/3 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425º. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, hot sauce, blue cheese, and 1/2 tsp salt. Whisk until butter and cheese are melted and fully incorporated, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, celery, onion powder, garlic, egg, and scallions. Add chicken and half of the hot sauce mixture and blend until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Brush a large cast-iron skillet with olive oil. Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, form 1" meatballs and place in prepared skillet.
- Bake until lightly golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Warm remaining sauce and drizzle over meatballs, then sprinkle with scallions. Serve on toothpicks.